post Sep 5, 2014 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From U.P. michigan GO STATE
Currently Offline

Hey guys!

Been a few years since ive been around the 6gc world, in that time ive gone through school and worked my way up in life. through that time i never forgot the passion i had for my 6gc and told myself one day i would own one again. the day came and the opportunity could not be passed up. over 2000 miles, one college football game(rough night lol) and way too much in toll money got me to my dream, a dream that cant be told with words. so i welcome you, my st205 gt4.

(pictures soon to come)

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Sep 5, 2014 - 8:29 PM

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
Back-2-Back July COTM 15&16

Start new topic
Replies
post Jul 7, 2016 - 8:40 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From U.P. michigan GO STATE
Currently Offline

LARGE UPDATE! 7/7/16

Back at it again, well... only for a little bit longer. I am getting close to closing on my first house! Apart from that, Ive been very busy working on the four starting with the subframe. When the car was purchased it had a hack job weld done near the passenger side front control arm. Along with the alignment being off, safety was the main driving force behind a replacement. After scoring one of the forums I made quick work of sanding and putting a fresh coat of paint on. While replacing I decided it would be smart to replace the old and rotten crush tubes. I initially thought this would be a big job but my ex-workplace (toyota dealership) made quick work of it with my help. I can report back and say the car feels amazing with a proper alignment! No less than a few days later I pulled the trigger on a set of polly shift bushings. Yes I caught some flack and debated pulling them back off due to the possibility of harming the syncros. After 5 emails to two companies who make poly and metal shift bushings I was reasured that the wear of the syncros wouldn't be caused by installing bushings like this. I chose to email two reputable companies who i hadn't ever bought from and made it clear to them I only wanted there opinion, not a sale. The next order of business came with a bit of frustration to me, I adored my boost controller... But it went faulty on what I thought was the most important day with my celica. THE DYNO DAY.... Yes, the day before my EBC went out of calibration and would not hold boost. Spiking to 17lbs then immediately dropping to 10-12lbs. I was gutted to say the least, but i went to the session because the wait was over a month to get in. Once strapped down I made a horrible 230hp and a strange but impressive 264tq. I immediately decided to rip out the EBC and order a used HKS EVC 5. Once installed I was rewarded with a massive difference in power, the car pulled in ways it never had before. To my luck Beyond Redline had a dyno day the next weekend with special rates, but I had one last hat trick up my sleeve to make this dyno day special... ELECTRIC CUT OUT!! I went with a QTP 3in cutout right after the flex pipe. Making sure the boost was where I wanted and the cut out open it was strapped down and unleashed. With 90 degrees as the ambient temp it managed to pump out 280hp and 280tq at the wheels! Buttttt... my excitement was short lived. A few days later the car stopped building boost, my heart sank and I became nervous and expected the worst. To my amazement it was pretty bad in it own special way haha, the bov and mount completely blew off. Once again my luck was on my side, having a family member being the lead welder of aluminum for the united states navy in my home town. Once fixed I was gifted with boost, but I learned that it must have been a boost leak because a spool/hissing noise went away. After all this excitement I decided to buy a new solid rubber front engine mount and a stoney silicone intake hose due to mine being cracked. Overall the car in running and driving phenomenally! I look forward to hitting the dyno and getting to a track soon to get some real numbers from a true icon!!

MORE PICS TO COME!!

Mid subframe removal

The first dyno day, was nice to having a live feed to watch. I did get to be right next to the car during the pulls.

Finished product, after I painted the exhaust a stealthy black hehe (yes it does hang level with the frame rail. 4in of ground clearance, same as the front midpipe.

Poly shift bushings

That AFR... PIG RICH (previous run had better torque, heat soak was getting to it)

KAAABOOOOOM!!

Dyno day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwQPE-A-eI

The turbo whistle is beyond addictive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSFBX2ue7nM

Pops and bangs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvrblyUmKRQ

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Jul 7, 2016 - 9:39 PM

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
Back-2-Back July COTM 15&16

Posts in this topic
2 Pages V  < 1 2

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28th, 2024 - 2:33 PM