post Mar 7, 2011 - 9:32 AM
+Quote Post
Bigstring

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '10
From in A land Far Away
Currently Offline

Pop it up over the pond as well

Never really had a mod thread, but as this car has come so far I thought I might start one :unsure:

Well thought I would start a write up on the car after owning it since the 1st of December and covering over 6000+ miles now…. :excl:

All of the mods done to the car can’t really be seen, just felt…..

Within 10 miles of having the car I stopped and got 4 new Tyres / balancing and tracking done as it was ****ed…. :thumbs:

First off the lights all got changed for Philips blue vision HB4 / HB5 and the Fogs, the wonders of being able to see in a Celica! :thumbs:

Then HKS Power flow :thumbs:

Third off was having Ajay over to fit the PI lowering springs, 40mm drop? Seems a lot lower and a lot harder, while there new rear pads went on and new discs went back to the shop as they cracked when putting them on… :adora:

Forth up was the Cusco Strut Brace off Sheep, this is a cracking bit of kit and complimented the Lowering springs all to well……. :clap:

Then came the spats that are sat in the shed waiting to be repainted, due to the rain ballsing them up…

Mr. Dominic popped over for the morning to sort out a new wing on the car as it was badly scrapped, and put the new headlight in as the bracket was snapped… Top man! :adora:

After that I had the offer from FCM Motorsport to fit the complete power flex poly bush kit to the Car last week, I also asked if they could make a note of bits that needed doing (a few bits!) and also the 3D computerized wheel alignment, dear me.. This was not good, but thank god they did it! The Camber on the rear was well off…… so off I was running on the inside lip of the tyres… 7.1mm on the outside, Bald on the inside! :adora:

Then we hit the 6000+ mile barrier after 11 weeks of driving, so in with new oil and filter this Saturday, when there the front brakes were done to compensate for the work done on the car..

Then popped the BG 44k in the fuel tank….. Wow, what’s in this stuff? Rocket fuel? Going to see if there is any extra MPG gained at the end of the week? You just want to drive harder though… so probably not!

Anyways What I can say so far…

PI lowering springs + Cusco Strut Brace + complete power flex poly bush kit + 3d wheel alignment – pure driving heaven, your confidence goes through the roof, you can put your car in to corners so much harder and come out so much harder, you do find your self driving like a bit of a prick because the car holds the road so well, even in the wet, I would like another Gen6 GT driving to take it for a spin to see what I mean, or if I’m just blowing my own trumpet…

Still waiting for the New plugs to arrive………
Still got the dented rear wing and a badly scuffed door, but it’s in hand, sort of?

So a big thank you to Ajay once again, Dominic and of course FCM for a top job making the car handle like it’s on rails……

Other little bits That have been done are...

Painted the badges in Toyota Super red 2
Painted the Heat shild in Toyota Super red 2
Cleaned the very dirty petrol cap / door (12 years dirty)
Tried to clean engine 3 times now
Removed under bonnet cover thing!
Removed one Resonator box, just got to order anotehr ally pipe and joiners to sort!

Rust?

This post has been edited by Bigstring: Apr 5, 2011 - 7:46 AM
post Mar 7, 2011 - 10:49 AM
+Quote Post
NYp8tBaller07

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '11
From Albany, NY
Currently Offline

How did the 4K work out for you? Other than that nice clean car =)

--------------------

Power in Balance
90 ST coupe- Sold
95 ST hatch- Dead :’(
02 Impreza RS- DD
post Mar 7, 2011 - 11:19 AM
+Quote Post
Batman722

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '04
From Newport, RI
Currently Offline

car looks good thumbsup.gif those rear bushiongs must feel great in the twistys !

is your Cusco bar bent ?

--------------------
post Mar 9, 2011 - 7:54 AM
+Quote Post
Bigstring

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '10
From in A land Far Away
Currently Offline

Nope, came like that? a little marked..

The complete bush kit is mad with the strut brace and dropped!

QUOTE (Batman722 @ Mar 7, 2011 - 11:19 AM) *
car looks good thumbsup.gif those rear bushiongs must feel great in the twistys !

is your Cusco bar bent ?

44k, works wonders, cars back to life.

QUOTE (NYp8tBaller07 @ Mar 7, 2011 - 10:49 AM) *
How did the 4K work out for you? Other than that nice clean car =)

post Apr 5, 2011 - 7:44 AM
+Quote Post
Bigstring

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '10
From in A land Far Away
Currently Offline

post Apr 6, 2011 - 1:14 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

nice so far! where did you get the clear side markers??? from here??? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Celica-Clear-Wing-Side...=item2a0f917ae7

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Apr 6, 2011 - 1:19 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 4, 2011 - 9:29 AM
+Quote Post
Bigstring

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '10
From in A land Far Away
Currently Offline

Yes, there in deed....

I also added this

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 16th, 2024 - 4:49 AM