> Valentines Day
post Feb 13, 2008 - 3:47 PM
+Quote Post
rayneezy23

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 25, '06
From Bremerton, Washington
Currently Offline

What should i do on valentines day im all out of ideas?? Any body help me out i really wanna make this special for her and i want to let her know that im diggin her yeadigg!!!
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:05 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

I've already blown >$200 on Vday frown.gif

Typical:
Flowers, chocolate, stuffed animal

baller:
LOTS tea candles all over, and cook her a really nice dinner.

remember out of the box & original > typical
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
rayneezy23

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 25, '06
Currently Offline

QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 13, 2008 - 4:05 PM) [snapback]641178[/snapback]

I've already blown >$200 on Vday frown.gif

Typical:
Flowers, chocolate, stuffed animal

baller:
LOTS tea candles all over, and cook her a really nice dinner.

remember out of the box & original > typical

you think it would be better if it was a home cook dinner?
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:23 PM
+Quote Post
thespacepanda

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

Very much so. If you're not a chef do something easy like pasta. Get a good wine while you're at it. If you're not a wine connoisseur, just ask the guys at the bigger liquor stores, they usually have good taste.

--------------------
"He won't come out of the bathroom. He keeps telling us we're dark somethings and not his friends."
"Hmm. Ask him if he's the dragon reborn."
"What?"
"Just do it."
".......He said yes."
"Tell him you are not darklings. He should open up."
".......Sweet. Thanks."
"No problem."
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:32 PM
+Quote Post
GriffGirl

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '07
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

Take these guys' advice, coming from a girl, they're right on the money. For girls (well, IMO girls of substance, that is) it's not about spending a bunch of money, it's about being creative and making the effort to let her know that you're paying attention and that you care. It's all in the details.

Go to foodnetwork.com for recipe ideas, I use it ALL the time because I always seem to need to go grocery shopping but never have any money or time... it's a GREAT resource to be creative with what you have around the house! You can search by ingredient or by type of meal or whatever. It's awesome!

Lastly, if you DO feel compelled to get chocolate - I might speak for myself on this one but guys, if you're gonna buy chocolates for a girl on V Day, go for quality, not quantity, and spend the money on a few pieces of REALLY GOOD QUALITY chocolate and skip the Russell Stover's, okay? That stuff is just nasty and unoriginal.

This post has been edited by GriffGirl: Feb 13, 2008 - 4:36 PM

--------------------
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:36 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

<--detail king

(spacepanda gotta remember most people here are probably <21)
although if you can't cook, do a nice restaurant. Nothing worse than bad food laugh.gif
I'm lucky this year, my new GF wants to cook me dinner 0=). I get to make dessert....baking and pastry my specialty smile.gif

This post has been edited by playr158: Feb 13, 2008 - 4:37 PM
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
Sinyk

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 4, '06
From Kelowna, BC Canada
Currently Offline

My ex got mad at me for wanting to do anything for Valentine's day last year. She says it's just a big cash grab and that guys shouldn't be expected to drop a ton of cash just because other people say it's THE day.

About the only time I saved money while going out with her. laugh.gif

--------------------
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:43 PM
+Quote Post
GriffGirl

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '07
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Sinyk @ Feb 13, 2008 - 1:37 PM) [snapback]641193[/snapback]
My ex got mad at me for wanting to do anything for Valentine's day last year. She says it's just a big cash grab and that guys shouldn't be expected to drop a ton of cash just because other people say it's THE day.

About the only time I saved money while going out with her. laugh.gif

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! Of course, she's your ex now, so I guess it doesn't matter. But any girl who says "don't do anything for me" is either lying or cheating. LOL

--------------------
post Feb 13, 2008 - 4:44 PM
+Quote Post
thespacepanda

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

lol

--------------------
"He won't come out of the bathroom. He keeps telling us we're dark somethings and not his friends."
"What?"
"Just do it."
".......He said yes."
".......Sweet. Thanks."
"No problem."
post Feb 13, 2008 - 5:01 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

see panda's sig for what happens when you don't do V-day laugh.gif
post Feb 13, 2008 - 5:33 PM
+Quote Post
ILuvMyCelica95

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '02
From New York
Currently Offline

QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Feb 13, 2008 - 4:32 PM) [snapback]641191[/snapback]

Take these guys' advice, coming from a girl, they're right on the money. For girls (well, IMO girls of substance, that is) it's not about spending a bunch of money, it's about being creative and making the effort to let her know that you're paying attention and that you care. It's all in the details.

Go to foodnetwork.com for recipe ideas, I use it ALL the time because I always seem to need to go grocery shopping but never have any money or time... it's a GREAT resource to be creative with what you have around the house! You can search by ingredient or by type of meal or whatever. It's awesome!

Lastly, if you DO feel compelled to get chocolate - I might speak for myself on this one but guys, if you're gonna buy chocolates for a girl on V Day, go for quality, not quantity, and spend the money on a few pieces of REALLY GOOD QUALITY chocolate and skip the Russell Stover's, okay? That stuff is just nasty and unoriginal.

Amen!

lol I love Valentine's day because i'm super romantic/cheesy... but then again my b/f and I are like that all the time so Valentine's day is 10x worse smile.gif

I'm cooking his favorite meal, got him a Duke University Shirt he wanted and a cool beer stein, a scrapbook of a trip i took him on and a little trip to good old VS... and a mini heart shaped cheesecake with cherries on top smile.gif

I cant decided on the fav meal, Crab stuffed tilapia or steak and lobster tail :-\ Or steak with a lobster bisque as an appetizer frown.gif

Then i made heart shaped brownies for his family and a mini cheesecake for my parents.

Yeah i think that's about it.

--------------------
post Feb 13, 2008 - 6:42 PM
+Quote Post
thespacepanda

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Feb 13, 2008 - 10:33 PM) [snapback]641213[/snapback]

I cant decided on the fav meal, Crab stuffed tilapia or steak and lobster tail :-\ Or steak with a lobster bisque as an appetizer frown.gif

Then i made heart shaped brownies for his family and a mini cheesecake for my parents.

Yeah i think that's about it.

I am a chef (in my free time) and if you're gonna attempt a lobster bisque you better know what you're doing cuz its so easy to mess that stuff up. And if you can make a lobster bisque that can put mine to shame then you need to leave him and come down to Texas asap.

--------------------
"What?"
"Just do it."
".......He said yes."
".......Sweet. Thanks."
"No problem."
post Feb 13, 2008 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
rayneezy23

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 25, '06
Currently Offline

im a cook some fettucini for this girl thanks for all the good info hopes she likes it..
post Feb 13, 2008 - 8:45 PM
+Quote Post
axelrduvirage

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '06
From Nova Scotia, Canada
Currently Offline

my 2cents...keep it simple. it doesn't matter what you bake, cook, buy, whittle or whatever. what matters is sharing a day, an evening or just a few hours with your soul-mate. no cellphone, no PC, no x-box. make the moment yours-- a meal, a movie, a favourite TV show or even a lights-down-low-full-contact-heavy-breathing-kissy-face hour on the sofa. all that matters is that you are together and the world revolves around your relationship. revel in each other. look into each other's eyes and express your love and commitment...
then jump into your 6gc and tear around the neighbourhood with the music blaring and the windows rolled down and laugh.

BTW i married my first true love almost 25 years ago and we are still crazy in love. it's not always been easy. we've had to deal with plenty of crap along the way. we have 2 beautiful children that are the fruit of our life together and they love us in return. if anything i hope they can remember us for one thing" "live, love, laugh - maybe not in that order but definately at the top of the everyday "to-do" list .

peace

--------------------
IPB Image
post Feb 13, 2008 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

Since my woman Catherine Zeta Jones left me... (LOL) My new love has a name.... Celica. We have been through thick and thin. No one can replace her. Yeah, there are many others like it, but this one is mine.

On a serious note though, Valentines Day is OVERRATED! But always a good excuse to find some chick with serious issues for a fling. I am not the kind of vampire to prey on such easy pickings, but I say it is something to try a few times until it grows old. I don't have a girlfriend and I don't need one. I would rather put my money into my car.

My bad, I thought this was about what everyone is doing. Okay, for you? Women can be into real simple things. So long as it truly comes from the heart. Seriously. Maybe just put your thoughts on hold for just a moment, and listen to the little things she mentions. The things that may seem unimportant might shock her that you remembered. So long as you make it something you both will never forget, no matter how great or small, I think that makes it all the worthwhile. (End Valentine Mode)

Okay, what the heck was that?

This post has been edited by Random_Stranger: Feb 13, 2008 - 8:53 PM

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204
post Feb 13, 2008 - 9:03 PM
+Quote Post
CelicaBuddy

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 1, '04
Currently Offline

QUOTE(axelrduvirage @ Feb 13, 2008 - 5:45 PM) [snapback]641277[/snapback]

my 2cents...keep it simple. it doesn't matter what you bake, cook, buy, whittle or whatever. what matters is sharing a day, an evening or just a few hours with your soul-mate. no cellphone, no PC, no x-box. make the moment yours-- a meal, a movie, a favourite TV show or even a lights-down-low-full-contact-heavy-breathing-kissy-face hour on the sofa. all that matters is that you are together and the world revolves around your relationship. revel in each other. look into each other's eyes and express your love and commitment...

I agree completely with what your saying smile.gif Never been much of the romantic type, so I dont care too much for Valentine's (its just another commercialized holiday like all the rest IMO), but if me and my bf HAD to do something, really just be hanging out would be ideal enough for me - but also considering the fact that I only see him 4-5 days out of every 2 months, of course I'd wanna just hang out. lol

So as you can imagine, I'll be spending this one alone, but thats okay smile.gif He surprised me with a Wii that I've been dying to have since forever so I'll curl up with that laugh.gif

--------------------

1995 Convertible Celica
2003 Nissan Murano SE
post Feb 13, 2008 - 10:04 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

:woot: go Tina on cooking...I vote steak and lobster bisque...

i'm baking cheese cake right now, i got 6 choc. covered strawberries in the fridge, & a box of truffles around here as well.
now lets hope the flowers arrive on time tomorrow and i'm golden :grin:
post Feb 13, 2008 - 10:55 PM
+Quote Post
Rayme

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '06
From NB, Canada
Currently Offline

Just flowers and a night together, I'm not into holidays really...I dont see the point into blowing money.

She got a nice ring at x-mas, thats freak' 6 weeks ago, no need to show my appreciation all year round! hehe

--------------------

-Rémy
02 SiR, 08 250R
post Feb 13, 2008 - 11:00 PM
+Quote Post
xs94st

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '07
From Corona, CA
Currently Offline

gonna bake a batch of cupcakes and make it into a heart..then write somethin on it all smile.gif

flowers for her when she wakes up.

then make some dinner before she gets home from work. smile.gif

then go party biggrin.gif

--------------------

Pandelica 2.0 in progress.
post Feb 14, 2008 - 12:01 AM
+Quote Post
supershannon77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 18, '07
From Bergen county NJ
Currently Offline

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

--------------------

facebook WRC st205

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30th, 2024 - 5:12 AM