6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> beams clip, was the lsd standard on the SSIII, which one has LSD, see last post.
post Jun 30, 2009 - 8:59 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Hey guys i was looking around and rpm has a beams clip complete for 1500 + shipping (850)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

i know somebody imported one of these, 3sgte, what was your experience with the service, anything to look for. could i get the same thing in the us for less, any hook ups from the texas crew? cough cough Death are you there, cough cough

i would like to have a beams engine, torn between that and a turbo set uup, any help appreciated

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Jul 2, 2009 - 10:17 AM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 30, 2009 - 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
azian_advanced

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 18, '05
From Calgary
Currently Offline

go turbo if power is what you're looking for. 3sgte's have more potential than 3sge beams. although the beams imo would have better mpg and are less maintenance in general so if you're not looking for more than ~200HP and just want to keep it that way for the most part (since there are less aftermarket parts for the beams engine), i'd go with the beams engine.
at $1450 i don't think full clips come cheaper than that.

This post has been edited by azian_advanced: Jun 30, 2009 - 11:06 PM

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post Jun 30, 2009 - 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yup, cant decide yet. for themost part would like to have a rare setup. also my fears are the hidden costs. (the import taxes) where can i get them estimated.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jul 1, 2009 - 12:06 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

keith charges 1500 + 850 + 450 then i have to go pick it up. is that fair?

2800 hundred total + i have to pick it up at the port cwm13.gif

--------------------

post Jul 1, 2009 - 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jul 1, 2009 - 1:06 PM) *

thats how much all clips cost.
plus add another 1-2,000 for stuff like a new clutch, exhaust, tune up stuff, etc...

--------------------
15PSI - 30MPG - Megasquirt Tuned
post Jul 1, 2009 - 1:25 PM
+Quote Post
95st-celica

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 29, '07
From Philly
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jul 1, 2009 - 1:06 PM) *

You are not 100% correct...i bouth my clip from keith, or RPMgarage...his service is excelent and if you want you can even give him a call....my total shipped to a warehouse about 5 minutes from my house came to 2500 exxactly. 1500 for the clip, 500 for shipping and handeling, and another 500 for the clip to clear customs at the states. His clips are quality and if i had to do it again i would only buy from him.

--------------------

I"M NOT A TOYOTA FAN, IM A FANATIC
1984 accord hatch 5 speed (T-Belt)-Junkyard
1991 VDUB jetta wolfsburg Ed. 5 speed (clutch)-junkyard
1988 Dodge Aries K (sold)
1969 Chevy El camino - Traded for celica
1991 Dodge Daytona-Traded for Celica
1988 Chevy Camaro-Work in Progress
1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 - For Sale
1995 Toyota Celica-Work in Progress
post Jul 1, 2009 - 2:06 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yeah but im talking about a beams clip. Not a 3sgte. would you pay this much for this, or get the 2000 engine from jhot and pick it up. IM afraid if i dont get the clip, ill be missing pieces....

--------------------

post Jul 1, 2009 - 2:51 PM
+Quote Post
Culpable04

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '06
From New Jersey
Currently Offline

if the seller knows his business, you should not be missing parts on an engine set, but a clip will always have extra stuff that you can find usefull. but for the cost of the 3sge, I'd go for a turbo engine or turbo your 5s.

turbo your 5s it'll cost you around the same as a 3sge swap and you'll have more power, parts ready available in the states, and detailed instructions as of what to do, where to buyand how to install almost everything. if I had a GT that's the way I'd go, especially with the new upgrades, fine tuning and different set-ups avaailable.

--------------------

post Jul 1, 2009 - 2:57 PM
+Quote Post
Mstoochn

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '09
From West Coast Canada
Currently Offline

http://www.jdmtunersinc.com/TOYOTA.html

gen2, 225hp, 1200$ + Shipping anywhere on the continent is 900$ unless ur in mexico land

2100 for a 3s-gte biggrin.gif
post Jul 1, 2009 - 3:15 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

yes of course thats an awesome price. that clip has gone from $3000 to $1450 in about 4 months. Ive been wanting that engine clip ever since. and with only 36,000 miles, that almost like a new engine.

of course a clip comes with everything you need. you have a gt, so that makes things a little easier than people that have st.. that clip is cheaper than any engine on ebay or any internet site that sells japanese engines. you have to pay for the fees of when the clip comes to the ports. but you paying $2800 is really cheap price i think. but of course you can't just throw the clip in the back of a truck, you'll have to rent a trailer for some a uhaul or a place like that for somewhere around $100.

maikl produced 186whp with bolt-ons (check out his page to see the list of mods he has), im sure with cam gear grind and port and polish (if thats worth it) you can probably get around 210whp i think.

edit: what do you mean by this

i would like to have a beams engine, torn between that and a turbo set uup, any help appreciated

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jul 1, 2009 - 3:17 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 1, 2009 - 5:37 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

186 whp. thats it? where does the 15 go. I am in the process of moving, but i guess ill think over a little more.

Something rare is worth to have, but difficult to fix. o well..

--------------------

post Jul 2, 2009 - 6:22 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

Hey Dude,

If you get the 3S-GE BEAMS (Or any any 3S-GE) from an SS-III it will have LSD standard, I garantee it. Just make sure the chassis code is E-ST202-BLMZF

If you get it from an SS-II it's unlikely to have it.

Get the SS-III Twin piston front brakes while you're at it, It should fit onto your GT brakes easier than GT4 brakes.

Lower the milage the better in regards to the engine and LSD. (A beams under 100,000 is young and healthy and full of life)

The trans/axel code should be S54 -06D for LSD

Hell, even get the superstrut suspension aswell, you'll have a real USDM SS-III, It is so much fun to throw around corners, make sure your tyres are atleast 215 wide though.

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 2, 2009 - 7:07 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

Get the SS-III Twin piston front brakes while you're at it

give us some pictures of those.

the E54 is the stronger version of the S54 and also comes with an LSD

186 whp. thats it? where does the 15 go. I am in the process of moving, but i guess ill think over a little more.

197BHP remember you lose about 25HP through the gearbox etc

--------------------
post Jul 2, 2009 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

hmm interesting stuff delusionz. good info to know!

and that 186whp with mods. so stock i believe is 169whp. check out the "beams redtop" website. just type that in any search engine, that site is full off info and keeps on growing with more info. they are almost halfway done converting the ss-III japanese manual with beams motor to english.

is the e54 stronger tranny than the tranny that comes on mr2 turbo and v6 camry, which is the E153??

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jul 2, 2009 - 7:31 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 2, 2009 - 10:13 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

THIS INFO MAY FALSE WILL LOOK INTO IT

about JDM version st202 :

Red-Top 3s-ge beams vvt-i have helical LSD gear-box S54-06D
both version in production from 1997 - 1999
SS-II(st202...no SSS) 3s-ge vvt-i
SS-III(st202 with SSS) 3s-ge vvt-i

about viscous LSD

SS-II (st202 no SSS) from 1995-1997 have viscous LSD + ABS
SS-III (st202 + SSS) 1995 - 1997 have viscous LSD

about UK and Europe version st202 :

all version with SSS from 1995- 1999 have visco LSD

helical LSD was only in JDM version st202 and MR2 SW20 (both 3s-gte and beams)

from here

but if you really want a good proper LSD TRD make one smile.gif (since the standard LSD usually only last around 100,000km)

**note that the TRD LSD for SS-III and GT-Four are discontinued

so is there any differences between the ST202 (non LSD) tranny and the ST204 tranny??
ST202 S54-06A
ST204 S54-02A

This post has been edited by Rusty: Jul 8, 2009 - 12:53 AM

--------------------
post Jul 2, 2009 - 11:08 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

That's weird.. S54-06D is Helical? Would that mean our 1996 SS-III is helical or not?

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 2, 2009 - 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

yes 3sge with beams has helical lsd. here the info to back it up
http://www.beams-redtop.com/redspecs.htm

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetail...mited_Slip/1357

i guess that websites sells them. hmm so your saying the viscious lsd that trd makes is better than the stock helical lsd that comes on the 3sge with beams??
how much would that trd lsd last.

it says that trd can only be applied to 3sge with no lsd whatsoever... is that true?

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 3, 2009 - 1:21 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

QUOTE (delusionz)
That's weird.. S54-06D is Helical? Would that mean our 1996 SS-III is helical or not?

nope you have a viscous LSD in your SS-III pre-BEAMS. The BEAMS SS-II/SS-III have a helical LSD
and your brakes look the same as mine btw

QUOTE (Bonzaicelica)
hmm so your saying the viscious lsd that trd makes is better than the stock helical lsd that comes on the 3sge with beams??
how much would that trd lsd last.

first off the TRD LSD is not a viscious LSD, its a mechanical LSD. as for the helical LSD(in BEAMS) vs the TRD LSD I dont know. its TRD so its got to be good right?
few articles about LSD's
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitcar/kb.php?aid=149
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_slip_differential

QUOTE (Bonzaicelica)
it says that trd can only be applied to 3sge with no lsd whatsoever... is that true?

can be applied to the SS-I and SS-II, cant be applied to the SS-III due to the superstrut (which is why there is another part number listed for the superstrut and another for the GT-Four)

list of some tranny's
S54-06A
S54-06D viscous
E54-???
S54-02A

--------------------
post Jul 3, 2009 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

so no lsd from keith in one of his clips, he has two ill e-mail him. gott to wait...

--------------------

post Jul 3, 2009 - 4:44 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

ahh that will be a SS-II Beams engine yes (same gearbox as mine)no LSD, notice the last 2 digits in the model number (VF=SS-II ZF=SS-III)

--------------------

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
93 User(s) are reading this topic (93 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30th, 2024 - 5:05 AM