> orderd springs where to get them installed
post Sep 29, 2003 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
afroman

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 9, '03
From Sioux falls, South Dakota
Currently Offline

if any none is from notheast nebraska or southeast south dakota. i went to the toyota dealership just to check the price to have them installed and they wanted 420 so i went to another shop and they wanted 450 i was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper place of maybe this is a good price. they are dropzones if that matters. thanks guys if this is a stupid question just dont answer

--------------------
user posted image
post Sep 29, 2003 - 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Kwanza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 8, '03
From NorCal
Currently Offline

Do it yourself. It's fairly easy...refer to the "how to's" section on this website...
post Sep 29, 2003 - 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
afroman

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 9, '03
Currently Offline

i have read through it but in all honesty i would rather just pay somebody i was wondering if that was a good price

--------------------
user posted image
post Sep 29, 2003 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
Kwanza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 8, '03
From NorCal
Currently Offline

Well.. 400 is a lot of money... I mean, a lot. I think my cousin got his installed at the local performance shop for a bit over 100 bucks... but I dunno.
post Sep 29, 2003 - 10:50 PM
+Quote Post
afroman

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 9, '03
Currently Offline

thanks man i will read through it again and see if i want to tackle it i am still shopping around

--------------------
user posted image
post Sep 29, 2003 - 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
FallenHero

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '02
From Alabama
Currently Offline

take it to a back woods garage. They'll do it or $50,lol!

Jon
post Sep 30, 2003 - 1:46 PM
+Quote Post
Rivo

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '03
Currently Offline

It's not so hard, just gotta make sure to line everything up correctly. Specifically the top spring perches in the rear (you'll see how it lines up in the chassis) and the arrow on the top spring perch in the front (the arrow needs to line up with the steering knuckle bracket on the strut itself. Also, tighten up the upper strut mounting bolts when the car is back on the ground. That way the full weight of the car can be on the springs b4 you tighten it. And of course get it aligned as soon as you get done, that's prolly the most important of all.
post Sep 30, 2003 - 2:52 PM
+Quote Post
afroman

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 9, '03
Currently Offline

well i think that i am going to tackle this project. i have a fall break the middle of october so i think i am going to do it then. i found out my dads friend was a mechanic mainly domestics but he is going to be out of town. we have a shop to use so thats good. i want to get it done so if anything happens he can fix it. thanks for all the help guys

--------------------
user posted image

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 7th, 2024 - 6:58 AM