6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> garin's progress thread problem solved... for now!, 2nd gen 3sgte in a 95 at200
post Oct 8, 2011 - 12:15 PM
+Quote Post
garin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 12, '07
From Lancaster, Pa
Currently Offline

i figured it is time for me to make a progress thread for my celica. this is now my third and probably last celica. my first car was a 94 gt coupe. had it for about a year then it got rear ended. found a 97 st on here a few months after and bought it for $1,700 or so. still have it and it's has almost 220,000 miles on it.

in april 2011 i bought my recent project for another member on here. picked it up and it needed a bit of tlc. so i started hacking away redid suspension for the ground up. replace a few engine components such as the radiator cooling fan, intercooler piping downpipe, etc. i know that in a way this isn't really my project, but i am trying to bring the car back to it's glory days.

i'd like to thank the 6gc community as a whole, with some special shout out to the pennsylvania crew! thanks to joe first off for selling me the car! as well as art and adam for advice and technical help! hope to use this thread to share my progress as well as to share knowledge and get input from 6gc!

This post has been edited by garin: Nov 25, 2011 - 6:19 PM

--------------------
post Oct 8, 2011 - 5:37 PM
+Quote Post
Johnnyny

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '09
From York pa
Currently Offline

Happy Birthday!
post Nov 23, 2011 - 12:42 PM
+Quote Post
garin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 12, '07
From Lancaster, Pa
Currently Offline

figured i'd update. car is currently not running. i seem to be getting fuel, but no spark. the coil seems to be good and i don't see ant arching on the wires. also there is a new ignition switch on the car. any common problems i may be able to diagnose?

i know the ignition coil is not a common problem, unlike hondas. i was thinking knock sensor, but the car should still on with a bad knock sensor. i'm starting to think wiring may have shorted. any advice would be helpful!

--------------------
post Nov 25, 2011 - 6:20 PM
+Quote Post
garin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 12, '07
From Lancaster, Pa
Currently Offline

my ignition switch was acting funny. thought i already eliminated it, but looked things over again to find it as the issue!

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 16th, 2024 - 12:51 PM