6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PegGTS' officially low and slow ST204, Now featuring low!
post Jan 12, 2015 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Haha, reminds me of road tripping in my Mustang when I was over in Cali, 18" Saleen reps with 35 profile tires, stiff lowering springs and not very good shocks..... that thing got uncomfortable tongue.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Jan 12, 2015 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'd probably had been the only one in a Mustang GT with 15" rims, white letter tires are where it's at. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 4, 2015 - 1:07 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
From Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Currently Offline

Soon to be featuring low! Ordered a set of Tein S-Techs today and will be ordering KYB GR-2's by the end of the week.

--------------------
2007 Impreza 2.5i - Daily
1994 Camry - Sold
1994 Celica - Sold :(

Click here to see my progress thread!
post Mar 4, 2015 - 4:08 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

You could say, *takes of sunglasses* our victim was chopped.

YEEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 4, 2015 - 7:06 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

I'm not chopping my springs! tongue.gif

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Mar 4, 2015 - 7:12 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I know, but nothing else fit the situation and sounded appropriate. tongue.gif

OOOOHHH WAIT!!!!

I guess you could say, *takes off sunglasses* our victim was slammed.

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 18, 2015 - 8:00 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Went for a photoshoot yesterday, can't wait to see how the shots turn out!

Also, my Tein S-Techs came in today!

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Mar 18, 2015 - 11:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wooooo springy spring springity spring!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 1, 2015 - 2:54 AM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Well, time for an update!

So since the last update, I received and installed my cluster pods from The_enD! Really happy with them, they're very high quality.

Fast forward to last Saturday, I installed my KYB struts and Tein springs! A friend let me use his uncle's shop with a lift to make things much easier. We got to work and within less than 5 hours we were done! It took a lot less time than I thought actually tongue.gif I was completely expecting all the bolts to be absolutely seized in there but they weren't bad, probably because I used about a whole can of penetrating oil on them the night before laugh.gif But as always, things didn't go as smoothly as planned.

After everything was put back together, I had some nasty sounds. We couldn't get the rear strut mount nuts to tighten all the way because they just kept spinning, so it was making a rattling sound in the rear. Tried everything; impact gun, holding the piston while tightening the nut, but nothing worked. Eventually found out that the nut was actually running out of thread, so threw a couple washers on and it tightened just fine.

Also the front was making a clunking sound when turning the wheel. Had a look at it yesterday and it turns out the strut mounts aren't turning smoothly with the wheels, they are getting caught up and making a clunking sound. I'm going to have to take them apart again and see what the problem is. Any ideas?

Anywho, here's some pictures to look at. Just look at that pre-springs wheel gap! frown.gif

On to the show...we have lift off!

And finally:

The other night I threw my summer tires on, got an alignment, and today I went for a "I'm finally lowered" photoshoot tongue.gif Unfortunately the car isn't as clean as these shots might suggest, I had to photoshop out some rust that was ruining the pictures frown.gif Once the weather warms up a little bit, I will be treating the rust along the rockers (Once again) and throwing some POR 15 or something similar on them. This should hopefully be the last winter this car will see so I'm hoping that will put an end to that rust.

Overall I'm very happy with the drop and the fitment, other than the fact that I have some fender rubbing happening when going over big bumps with passengers. It's not bad enough for me to be worried but I may end up bringing the spacers down a notch, try and rolling the fenders a little more, or adjusting the camber a little bit.

Here's some more pictures to look at.

There's a LOT more where those came from on my Photobucket in case you're interested for some reason.

Well, that's it for now...

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Apr 1, 2015 - 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yay more low! Someone else recently had a similar issue where the rear struts wouldn't tighten up, apparently there's some kind of spacer that's supposed to be there.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 1, 2015 - 4:33 PM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

Yay, my product! smile.gif

Nice fake license plate.

Your car needs skirts, I might have white ones in a few weeks!

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post Apr 1, 2015 - 4:43 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 1, 2015 - 3:28 PM) *
Yay more low! Someone else recently had a similar issue where the rear struts wouldn't tighten up, apparently there's some kind of spacer that's supposed to be there.

Yeah it was strange, I never got these supposed spacers with the mounts. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of that problem until now...oh well, washers works just as well. tongue.gif

QUOTE (The_enD @ Apr 1, 2015 - 3:33 PM) *
Yay, my product! smile.gif

Nice fake license plate.

Your car needs skirts, I might have white ones in a few weeks!

I wish I could drive around with that plate all the time tongue.gif

I do need skirts! Unfortunately I'm very broke right now haha, I'll be starting work for the summer again at the end of April so I may get in touch with you then! Unless you want to hold onto them for me until then... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Apr 3, 2015 - 3:49 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Well today I took out the front struts and had a look at them to try and find out why I was getting a clunking sound. After reading a few threads of people with a similar problem, I found out that I didn't have the arrows on the struts pointing outwards like they should have been. Aligned those, put everything back together, and NO MORE NOISE!

Now she rides beautifully, no noise whatsoever! (Other than the fender rubbing tongue.gif) It's amazing how much of a difference the new struts and springs make, especially since the old struts were pretty screwed lol. Handles like a brand new car again smile.gif

In other news, I had to swap back over to my winter tires again today. For the 3rd time this year. I hate this city.

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Apr 3, 2015 - 7:39 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Was just about to comment about the arrow being the culprit, Guess that's not needed now haha.

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Apr 3, 2015 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Haha yeah it's not very obvious that the arrow is meant to go outwards, honestly it just looks like a part number or something tongue.gif Glad it was just that though and not something else.

Come to think of it, it was actually one of your threads that I was reading through laugh.gif

This post has been edited by PegGTS: Apr 3, 2015 - 7:55 PM

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post Apr 4, 2015 - 9:13 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

QUOTE (PegGTS @ Apr 3, 2015 - 8:51 PM) *
Haha yeah it's not very obvious that the arrow is meant to go outwards, honestly it just looks like a part number or something tongue.gif Glad it was just that though and not something else.

Come to think of it, it was actually one of your threads that I was reading through laugh.gif

Yea, I also learned the hardway of doing it wrong, and had to basically do a strut/spring job twice :unamused:

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Apr 22, 2015 - 1:57 AM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

The things I do when I should be studying tongue.gif

Anyways, not much to update since I've been so busy with school.

Plans once I'm done exams are to roll the rear fenders a little more and play with the front fender liners to try and get rid of all my rubbing, hopefully pick up a set of skirts, get my wheel fixed, and try out a little something on the wheels. I'm also looking into getting the cracks in my hood repaired pretty soon.

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post May 9, 2015 - 5:07 PM
+Quote Post
Markup

Enthusiast

Joined Apr 15, '15
From Birmingham UK
Currently Offline

Brilliant read, Ive been glued to this all evening. WOW, how much do you love your car - well done!

Love the black wheels so much...but, not the green ones lol. Fantastic job!!
post May 12, 2015 - 7:57 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Thanks man! She's come a long way and lots of work put in, and unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse this weekend.

Friday I noticed my engine started making a slight ticking noise. Didn't think much of it at the time, thought it could have something loose along the exhaust. Sunday rolls around and the ticking has gotten a lot louder. I finally decided that it was time to investigate and realized that this was definitely no exhaust rattle. It was coming from the engine...great. Between 2500-3500 RPM you could hear a fairly loud knocking sound coming from the engine. Did a bit of diagnosis and found out that pulling out the first spark plug wire caused the sound to stop. Great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRAJhEtz04...czy4rwb2chw5a04

Now I've been driving it to and from work this week since I've had no choice and it's been getting worse. I'm no engine expert so I had a few people have a listen and they all seem to come to the conclusion that it's
a rod... thumbsdown.gif

Tonight, I took my car to my uncle to have a look at it and he said it could be a rod but I'll have to pull the pan so he can have a look and find out for sure. On my way home, she was bogging down like crazy and barely able to drive. Stalled once when trying to make a left turn into traffic...that was a little scary lol. Got her home and parked it in the garage where it will rest for now.

Poor Celi frown.gif

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

post May 14, 2015 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
Currently Offline

Well I pulled the oil pan off last night and I must say that was a huge pain to do just for a simple job like that. Anyways when I pulled it off it didn't look good in there, lots of metal shavings. Gonna have a look at her tomorrow and try and see what happened.

--------------------
1994 Camry - Sold

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31st, 2024 - 2:58 AM