> TRD/SS-III Custom Build Thread
post Nov 11, 2014 - 6:18 PM
+Quote Post
RoadRage

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '13
From Melbourne, Australia
Currently Offline

You motivate me to get off my ass and install my skirts and splitters tongue.gif

too bad im working all this week.. maybe on the weekend

--------------------
post Nov 12, 2014 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (RoadRage @ Nov 12, 2014 - 10:18 AM) *
You motivate me to get off my ass and install my skirts and splitters tongue.gif

too bad im working all this week.. maybe on the weekend

Haha yeah tongue.gif I tend to have little patience with car mods haha. But when you have the skirts on it'll look awesome! smile.gif

--------------------
It's not always about how fast a car is, but how it makes you feel.

------> 1997 ST204 Toyota Celica SX <------ Click Here To View My 6gc Thread! :)
-----------> August 2015 COTM! <-----------
post Nov 21, 2014 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Hey guys,
I have been away for the past week and haven't had a chance to update. So here we go. When i arrived back home yesterday my custom Gauge Pod made by The_enD had arrived! smile.gif

So like any mod I decided i'd do it straight away tongue.gif and here are some before and after shots:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

w/ Lights on:

Overall i am extremely happy with it! and highly recommend The_enD for any 6GC product!

In other news, I bought some new Low Beam globes for $50 and they give a really nice white look. They are 5000K Phillips Diamond Vision H1 Globes! I really think they are great for the price and also being just plug and play smile.gif

Today the plan for me is to put on my newly arrived 6GC.net sticker and also a Cars for Hope sticker! smile.gif

Stay tuned for more coming soon!

--------------------

------> 1997 ST204 Toyota Celica SX <------ Click Here To View My 6gc Thread! :)
post Dec 5, 2014 - 10:09 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So guys I have a few more updates that will be uploaded in the next week or so smile.gif
But right now I'm just wanting to ask what colour brake calipers i should go? I'm thinking, Blue, Red or Orange. But i'm open to all opinions smile.gif Green would also look cool haha.
So please just let me know what you think would look best smile.gif

--------------------

post Dec 6, 2014 - 4:33 PM
+Quote Post
MarbleFlame

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 8, '13
From Grafton NSW Australia
Currently Offline

Blue. smile.gif
post Jan 31, 2015 - 8:34 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Hey all,
Sorry it has really been a while, but here is a quick update for you all smile.gif

Firstly I had ordered a while back a C's Short Shifter, which has not yet been installed, but was also at the same time given GT-Four "CELICA" door sills just for the price of extra postage smile.gif

Before:

After:

A little while after I had finally decided on a colour for my brake pads (and soon engine bay as well), Burnt Copper! and I think the end result came out really well!

Hope you guys like the choice as much as I do smile.gif

A friend of mine recently edited a photo of my car, showing what it'd look like low. It's made up my mind! I am all for it!

Current:

Low:

A few more things still to come as well smile.gif I have bought a genuine TRD shift knob, but it is a little to big to fit so am going to have to do something about that. Here it is:

I've also just bought a steering wheel from Japan that should arrive this week I'm hoping smile.gif

I also recently just installed a Pod Filter, which gives the car a nice feel and sound smile.gif

Hope you guys are all enjoying the progress like I am, I will try my best to keep you all up to date smile.gif

--------------------

post Feb 12, 2015 - 7:28 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So today I ended up getting new steering wheel installed smile.gif and this is how it looks:

I have also just purchased a TRD horn button and carbon fibre like surrounding for the horn button.

Along with this, I am getting my C's Short Shifter installed next week, which i am really keen for smile.gif

Also I forgot to mention I bought a set of OEM Footwell and ignition lights, which I am gonna get an auto electrician to look at cause I have no idea haha.

And just yesterday I purchased a rare factory option Single Din Cup Holder, so now will need a Head Unit tongue.gif

--------------------

post Feb 16, 2015 - 7:05 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So lately I've been considering a Red Top BEAMS swap to happen within the next couple of years, just wanting to hear everyones pros and or cons? Currently I'm running a 5SFE

--------------------

post Mar 30, 2015 - 8:58 AM
+Quote Post
CelicaDICE

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '14
From MIA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JFXtreme007 @ Feb 12, 2015 - 7:28 AM) *
Also I forgot to mention I bought a set of OEM Footwell and ignition lights, which I am gonna get an auto electrician to look at cause I have no idea haha.

And just yesterday I purchased a rare factory option Single Din Cup Holder, so now will need a Head Unit tongue.gif

Did you manage to get the Footwell lighting to work? I might get one, and when I do, I am going to make a write-up as to which bulbs it uses, how easy or complex is the installation and such.

--------------------
Rare JDM Dealer Option Parking(Proximitiy) Senor for sale
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=97051
post Mar 30, 2015 - 4:48 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Type 74 bulbs and installation is super easy, just tapping into the door courtesy light wire in the kick panel. smile.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 15, 2015 - 1:57 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Just another update for you all,
Recently I drove from Sydney up to Queensland, the main reason for doing so was to get JoshuaM's Custom made exhaust system.
From Josh's car I got:
- JDM PROF. Muffler
- Hurricane Headers
- 2.25 Inch Piping
- Upgraded 200 cell high flow cat

Honestly, after the install I have felt a quite dramatic increase in power, especially at the 5s's torque power band. I am very happy with the end product! awesome sound too!

Since returning,
firstly I installed my #TeamPaulWalker decal since I'm a huge Paul Walker fan and am very happy to pay my respects to him smile.gif

The following day in the mail I recieved my TRD Rear Splitters, which I cut and polished and then installed, really love the new look they bring to the table smile.gif

So with this change I now have my SS-III Rear Splitters for sale, looking for $200 AUD OBO (not including postage)

Also I picked up my Cusco 4-piece underbody brace, which I then got painted the same colour as my brake callipers smile.gif very happy with the end result! now i just need to install!

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2015 - 3:18 AM
+Quote Post
MarbleFlame

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 8, '13
From Grafton NSW Australia
Currently Offline

Looking sweet smile.gif Those TRD rear splitters make the car look so much cleaner IMHO. Good work!
post Apr 15, 2015 - 3:22 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (MarbleFlame @ Apr 15, 2015 - 6:18 PM) *
Looking sweet smile.gif Those TRD rear splitters make the car look so much cleaner IMHO. Good work!

Thanks mate smile.gif and I do completely agree!

--------------------

post May 19, 2015 - 10:10 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Just a small update, I have just put down a deposit for some coilovers off of JoshuaM really looking forward to it! along with 20mm spacers on the front and 25mm on the rear, honestly cannot wait for them!

--------------------

post May 24, 2015 - 3:08 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Just a few pictures from todays Toymods: Classic Celica Appreciation Day smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 13, 2015 - 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So while waiting for coilovers, I have added a few little TRD goodies for decoration smile.gif

#1 is a custom made steering wheel horn button decal:

#2 is a 'TRD Racing Development' decal for the side skirts:

personally both are very simple but effective smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 19, 2015 - 8:00 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So my birthday was yesterday and I finally got an HID kit for my projectors smile.gif I got a 6500K kit from AutoPlatonium based in Victoria (South Australia), It is alot brighter than any halogen globe iv'e used (iv'e been through a few) and they are well worth the cost of $100. They also come with matching parkers and with the projectors it looks much better if the parkers match the low beams!

This is a before shot, when i was running with Phillips Diamond Vision (6000K Halogen):

And after with the Auto Platonium (6500K HID's):

Just one more shot after work! smile.gif in person they are just pure white with very little if no blue:

In other news, my Tanabe Sustec Pro OC-II Coilovers should be arriving in the next week or two, and i've got a Tanabe sticker made up to match for the back window! (gotta let others know what your running wink.gif haha).

Iv'e also ordered some Michelin Pilot Sport 3 215/45R17 tyres that I will be getting fitted on Monday, so I will post again then smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 28, 2015 - 3:02 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So my new tires are now on the car and handle corners amazingly well! Highly recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's

Also last post I forgot to mention that I was changing my fog light globes to a 3000K yellow rather than the standard globes. and this is the difference:

You can't see much difference since this was taken during the daylight.
Now next on the list is getting the guards rolled this week and then lowering on Tanabe Sustec Pro OC-II Coilovers with 25mm spacers rear and 20mm spacers front smile.gif very keen!

--------------------

post Jul 1, 2015 - 2:16 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Yesterday I drove about an hour to get my guards rolled, sadly took a little longer due to it being peak hour traffic and in a manual can really become annoying! When I got there the guy who was going to roll my guards had told me straight away after having a look at the passenger side rear guard, that it couldn't be done without the paint cracking due to the repair (seen at the start of the thread). The repair needed a lot of bog to be used to regain the original shape. Thankfully there was another suggestion for a little bit more money. And that was to get the lip of the rear guards grinded back, which is what I got done. This way the car looks even on both sides and apparently I'll have a little more clearance for the spacers than if I was to have gotten them rolled instead.
The guy did a terrific job! And I highly recommend John the guard roller to anyone in the sydney area. Most people would of just gone ahead on the job not knowing the danger. But thankfully John took care of the car and checked that out!
At least I wasn't the only one with this issue since the guy after me had the same problem on the front guards of his Honda S2000.

Here is a picture of the lip after it has been grinded back: (Also kinda a good advert photo for Michelin tongue.gif)

The difference from standard circled in red:

While this was getting done it was also noticed that water was seeping through a tiny hole which I had also gotten patched up free of charge (circled in black):

Now in the next couple of days the car should have coilovers on and the spacers, will keep the updates coming on here smile.gif

Just another small thing, to go with my Tanabe coilovers, I had got 4 custom made Tanabe decals (only using one for the upper rear window). And I got them custom made due to it being $20 postage from the USA for some reason.

--------------------

post Jul 8, 2015 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

So it's finally happening Monday smile.gif Just a little sneak peak tongue.gif

Also exactly what is being installed is:
- Tanabe Sustec Pro OC-II Coilovers
- 20mm Spacers Front
- 25 mm Spacers Rear
- 4 Point Cusco Underbody Brace
- Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
- Whiteline adjustable endlinks (Front and Rear)

Possibly also being installed:

- Whiteline Adjustable Camber Bolts (Rear)
- Whiteline Bushing Kit (Front)

--------------------

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31st, 2024 - 3:33 AM